Project Risk Management
Also see: Avoiding a Project Death March (2-hour online class)
Delivery: 1/2-day webinar or on site coaching
If you have been involved in any size project, you know that surprises and problems can drain your resources, cause major stoppages or shut down the project all together.
Although not every problem can be foreseen, many can, and any action taken early to avoid, reduce or prepare for problems can be ten times less effort that dealing with the problem later.
This workshop will present a risk management process that students will use during the session for their current project work.
This workshop will be useful for project managers, technical leads, test managers and team members that have input on project risks. In the session the team will assess and manage risks for their current / upcoming work.
Workshop AgendaAgenda Details
- Definition of risk management
- Where does risk management fit in waterfall, agile and iterative life cycles
- Risk process steps
- How to differentiate between a risk and issue — how to describe it
- How to know when the risk has become an issue and how to respond
- Exercise to assess risk on your project now
- Using risk data in a project schedule — making it visible
- When to review and communicate risks
- Monitoring and controlling risk
- Protecting the plan
- Change controls
- Responding to risks
- Identify and categorize risk
- Risk identification techniques
- Risk response planning
- Risk management plan
- Involving stakeholders