Complimentary half-day workshops on…
Meeting project deadlines, OR
Understanding customer needs and product requirements, OR
Selecting appropriate projects to outsource, OR
Keeping your improvement program focused on business results
We are offering new prospective clients the following complimentary half-day workshops, conducted via webinar or at your site, to give you the opportunity to try our services. The skills are applied to your current project work.
Questions: please contact us.
Writing clear software requirements
The audience will learn and practice writing clear and organized requirements using:
- A Product champion model to facilitate requirements activities
- User classes that distinguish between different types of users
- Business requirements to describe overall system purpose
- Use cases to understand user needs
- Functional requirements to define system behavior and minimize preventable defects
The audience will learn and practice estimating the effort, tasks and assumptions of a new project, or the remaining work of an existing project. In this session, project managers, members of the project team and QA learn:
- How to clarify the scope of the project and create a comprehensive task list for project completion
- A team-based process for deriving comprehensive effort estimates for any kind of project, including application development, IT development, deployment and maintenance work
- How to clarify project-level and task-level assumptions
Outsourcing the right work
Outsourcing work can provide benefits to an organization, but unless there is careful determination of which projects are appropriate then the results can be extremely poor, resulting in wasted time, rework and deadline slips.
In this session you will analyze your current projects and determine which ones should be outsourced, based on specific criteria, and which ones should not.
Sorting out your process improvement challenges
This session is focused on helping resolve issues and questions that you have regarding process improvement, the adoption of a published framework (such as CMMI, Scrum, Six Sigma or Lean) or the deployment of new techniques across an organization.
We will work with you to create an agenda and schedule a specific time for the session.
- As always, there are no strings attached and no sales talk. We discuss offline your needs and scope. We schedule a time with you (or your group) for the session. You are then free to call us with any questions at any time afterwards.
- This offer is open to new clients.
- Travel: Only locations outside of the Dallas-Fort Worth area would be charged incurred travel expenses.