Delivery: 1.5-day workshop, onsite coaching, or by remote meeting with phone/web
This workshop presents principles and practices for managing software and systems development projects that are outsourced to suppliers for implementation. The workshop is organized following a supplier management process. Each section of the process is described, along with tips about how to perform each step effectively and efficiently. Additional detail is provided on the key steps of developing product requirements, managing risks, and managing an outsourced project. Workshop participants will be able to apply the Supplier Management Process appropriately and effectively to enable their outsourced projects to succeed.
Project managers, supply managers, purchasing staff, product managers, requirements analysts, technical leads, quality assurance managers, and others who will be involved in specifying the requirements for outsourced projects, managing the project, or accepting outsourced work.
At the conclusion of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- summarize the Supplier Management Process
- use the templates, checklists, and other work aids included in the process
- apply several techniques for requirements development
- identify and manage risks for an outsourced project
- develop a Request for Proposal
- select a qualified supplier
- manage an outsourced project
Optional addition: This workshop can provide implementation details for the Supplier Agreement Management Process Area in CMMI.