Get My Project Organized and Skilled Now
Delivery options: On-site full workshop, customized workshop, or customized web-based sessions.
Does your project have the following challenges?:
- Few or no requirements
- No reliable estimates or task breakdown, with no end in sight
- No repeatable life cycle to manage work now and in the future
- Numerous defects in existing requirements definitions, code, and test cases
Use this five-day workshop to address these challenges once and for all.
Getting work done comes from being organized and having a few key skills that can be repeated over time. This workshop brings together an approach for managing work (Scrum/Agile) along with detailed skills in requirements, estimation, risk management and defect identification. These skills are applied to your project during the workshop.
- Management kickoff briefing
- Learn Scrum/Agile as a straightforward, repeatable life-cycle for incremental delivery and feedback (read more)
- AM: Scrum/Agile (continued)
- PM: Learn to elicit, write, analyze, and manage requirements (read more)
- AM: Requirements (continued)
- PM: Learn to estimate, plan, assess project risks, and negotiate with customers and management (read more estimation, risk)
- AM: Estimation/risk/negotiation (continued)
- PM: Learn to find defects quickly and thoroughly using inspections (read more)
- AM: Continue to practice skills on the current project
- PM: Management debrief + next steps
- Doing simple software design (half-day)
- Addressing your supplier management challenges (one day)