Examples of how our workshops are applied to real work
Custom consulting session: We work with you at no charge, via phone and email, to scope a session and develop an agenda. During the session (onsite or conference call) we work through the agenda, providing pragmatic solutions.
- diagnosing why projects are late and over budget
- advising management on the current state of a project, improvement program or Scrum implementation
- providing feedback on an improvement project or engineering / management practice
- eliciting requirements for a project so they can finish on time
- addressing your challenges with Scrum
- provide a single life cycle view to your teams, (e.g., mapping Waterfall and Scrum life cycles together)
- focusing Scrum and CMMI implementations on running the business, not just compliance
- kick-starting an improvement program to get key stakeholders involved
- condensing processes into 1-page checklists so that are are useable
Project planning workshop: Project teams bring to class current project work that needs to be planned. The skills in the class are applied to scope the project, estimate effort (or size), assess risk, develop a schedule, and determine corrective actions to confirm project expectations with management.
Peer Reviews workshop: Individuals bring current project documents or source code to class and inspect them for defects. This allows students to learn the process, apply it, and find and fix critical errors early.
Supplier Management workshop: Individuals apply the skills to their current outsourcing activities. Supplier selection criteria are derived, risks are assessed and mitigated, and methods of monitoring the vendor’s performance are determined.